Waterborne Environmental is an environmental consulting firm that helps solve complex environmental challenges for our clients. We are a progressive company of bright, motivated scientists and engineers looking for a valuable addition to our team. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for our Columbia, Missouri office.
The Technician will have responsibilities for technical project and administrative tasks. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to assist with data collection and entry; contribute to design and conductance of soil and water monitoring programs; provide technical administrative support, including preparation for data collection, field travel, and in-office data and equipment management activities; compose memos and standard operating procedures; research material; and manage storage facility and company vehicles. The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- High School graduate; post-secondary education a plus
- Two years of related experience preferred
- Interest in the environmental field
- Willingness to learn new technologies and skills
- Self-motivated, organized, and resourceful with ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Professional, dependable, and excellent communication skills
- Computer skills, including using Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to perform thorough quality check on work
- Excellent mechanical aptitude, including troubleshooting and maintaining field equipment, electrical wiring and DC circuitry, proficiency with hand and power tools (drill, auger, chainsaw, weed trimmer)
- Must be comfortable working in waterbodies (streams, ponds, lakes) both directly and/or from a manned boat
- Travel throughout the United States will be required and may comprise 20-40% of time annually (seasonally, 50-75% of time), overnight travel is required
- Must hold a valid U. S. driver’s license and be capable of driving larger company vehicles (pickup trucks and cargo vans) and also operating a forklift and ATVs (including towing trailers), commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and experience with boat operation is a plus
- Ability to oversee company fleet vehicles and storage facility, including maintaining equipment and tracking inventory
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds and withstand physical outdoor elements such as heat, cold, and other adverse weather conditions associated with field studies
- Able to travel independently to remote work locations
- Must be able to work in the US without VISA sponsorship
We are a small company with a diverse set of professional backgrounds and pride ourselves on both client and employee satisfaction. Pay will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits for regular, full-time employees include health insurance, 401(K) with company contribution, and an excellent working environment.
Send your cover letter and resume addressing your pay requirements and establishing your experience/qualifications for the criteria outlined above to our Human Resources team at email@example.com. Please note on your submittal the position code denoted above.