Senior GIS Specialist/ Fate Modeler
Waterborne is a progressive company of bright, motivated scientists and engineers looking for experienced additions to our team. We provide a comprehensive suite of services in advanced modeling, statistics, automation, data analysis, software development, spatial technologies, field studies, and study management. We currently have an opening for a talented and motivated individual with 5 to 10 years of experience who will expand our capability to predict potential emissions, fate, and transport of chemicals in the environment from local to global scales. We are seeking an individual with a B.S. (with 5+ years of experience), M.S., or Ph.D. in Environmental or Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, Hydrology, or similar areas. This position will be located in our Leesburg, VA, Columbia, MO, or Champaign, IL offices or remotely from other US locations. The position will apply knowledge of chemical emission inventories, wastewater treatment, hydrologic processes, and chemical transport to understand and address environmental water quality issues related to agricultural chemicals, consumer products, pharmaceuticals and general chemicals originating from point and non-point sources. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Client interaction and business development in expertise areas
- Supervision and development of engineers, modelers, geospatial analysts, data scientists, and statisticians
- Evaluation of staff utilization and project management, including task management, scheduling, reporting, and tracking technical requirements
- Ability to understand multifaceted issues, think critically, identify options, and develop unique solutions to intellectual challenges to meet client needs
- Ability to independently synthesize complex data into information and effectively communicate to both small groups and large audiences
- Experience with chemical modeling tools and data for spatial transport and visualization generally with specific preference given to US/EU agricultural chemical regulatory models, SWAT model, “down-the-drain” modeling, fate of microplastics and/or PFAS in the environment
- Proficiency with relational databases (e.g. MS Access, MS SQL Server)
- Demonstrated familiarity with scripting languages used for data analysis such as Python and R
- An interest in integrating novel, modern, or “cutting edge” geospatial and data platforms, whether open source or proprietary, and sharing with the company
- Experience with image processing technologies like Imagine or ENVI is a plus
- Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship
Founded in 1993, Waterborne is a diverse set of professional backgrounds and we pride ourselves on both client and employee satisfaction. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid-time-off; 401(K) with company match; and an excellent working environment. Please provide a resume along with a cover letter addressing your salary requirements and establishing your experience/qualifications for the criteria outlined above.
Please forward your resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Waterborne is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V