Junior Environmental Scientist / Agronomist
Waterborne Environmental is an environmental consulting firm that helps solve complex environmental challenges for our clients. We are a progressive company of bright, motivated scientists and engineers looking for a valuable addition to our team. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for our Columbia, Missouri office.
The candidate’s responsibilities will include field data and sample collection, data management and processing, designing and assembling study instrumentation, and study reporting. The candidate will have the opportunity to apply their knowledge and skills to environmental field studies throughout the United States.
The successful candidate should be self-motivated, willing to learn new technologies and skills with minimum oversight, and possess the following qualifications:
- A B.S. or M.S. degree from an accredited science curriculum in environmental science, agronomy, ecology, or a related discipline
- Strong interest and experience in practical field experimentation and data collection
- Basic mechanical aptitude and ability to use hand and power tools (drill, auger, chainsaw, weed trimmer)
- Travel throughout the United States will be required and may comprise 25% of time annually (seasonally, 50-75% of time), overnight travel is required
- Ability to work in a team setting with co-workers to solve problems and make improvements to processes
- Capability to independently synthesize complex data into information for presentation
- Understanding of general agricultural processes, crops, markets, and soil and water regulatory compliance
- Ability to lift/carry 50 lbs and periodically work in adverse weather and environmental conditions associated with field studies
- Must be comfortable working in waterbodies (streams, ponds, lakes) both directly and/or from a manned boat
- Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and be capable of driving larger company vehicles, including pickup trucks and cargo vans (CDL not required)
- Ability to operate ATVs and experience towing trailers
- Able to travel independently to remote work locations
- Must be able to work in the US without OPT or VISA sponsorship
These skills are preferred, but not required:
- Basic knowledge of DC circuitry and environmental instrumentation
- Experience with boat operation
- Understanding of relational databases (e.g., MS Access, MS SQL Server) and SQL
- Operation of a forklift
We are a small company with a diverse set of professional backgrounds and pride ourselves on both client and employee satisfaction. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits package includes health, dental, and life insurance; 401(K) with company match; and an excellent working environment.
Send your resume and a cover letter addressing your salary requirements and establishing your experience and qualifications for the criteria outlined above to our Human Resources team at email@example.com. PDF format preferred. Please note on your submittal the position code denoted above.
Waterborne is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V