Intern - Illinois Office
Waterborne Environmental has an immediate opening for an Intern in our Champaign, IL office. The Intern will have responsibilities for project and administrative technical tasks. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to assist with data collection and entry; contributing to design and field-based conductance of soil and water monitoring programs; providing technical administrative support including preparation of data collection, field travel, and in-office data and equipment management activities; composing memos and standard operating procedures; and contributing to research. Successful candidates will possess a willingness to learn new technologies and skills in addition to possessing the following qualifications:
- Self-motivation, organization, and resourcefulness with ability to meet client and project deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Professionalism, dependability; excellent communication skills
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to perform thorough quality check on work
- Ability to travel throughout the United States (travel will be required and may comprise 50-75 percent of time, seasonally dependent)
- Mechanical aptitude including electrical wiring/circuitry and proficiency with hand tools
- Must hold a valid U. S. driver’s license and be capable of driving larger company vehicles (pickup trucks and cargo vans) – CDL not required
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and withstand physical outdoor elements such as heat, cold, and adverse weather conditions associated with field studies
- Interest in the environmental field
- Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship
Waterborne offers a comprehensive suite of services to the crop protection industry. We are a small company with a diverse set of professional backgrounds and pride ourselves on both client and employee satisfaction. Compensation will begin at $18.00/hr and be commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is not eligible for benefits. Send your resume and a cover letter addressing your salary requirements and establishing your experience and qualifications for the criteria outlined above to our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note on your submittal the position code denoted above.
To learn more about Waterborne Environmental, please explore our website www.waterborne-env.com.
Waterborne is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V